Education, Schools and preschools
Museum Explorers is a series of museum lessons in Polish addressed to pre-school and younger primary school groups. The aim of the lessons is to familiarise the youngest members of the audience with the museum space through educational games and manual activities. The workshops will enable children to discover the museum from the inside and find out in practice what MWW employees do. Each subject offers a different activity, familiarising the participants with the different functions of the museum.
Led by Grażyna Kryńska.
– participants explore nooks and crannies of the museum, meet the coordinator of the educational programme and learn about her work,
– they together discover the meaning of words such as museum, work of art, museum education,
– they do a creative, artistic exercise, which will enable them to learn about a selected work of art in a fun way.
SHOW ME ART!
– the participants visit one of the museum exhibitions, solve a video-riddle to meet the exhibitions curator and learn about her work,
– they together discover the meaning of words such as work of art, exhibition, curator, museum attendant,
– they learn to critically look at the exhibition space,
– they design their own exhibition.
THE MUSEUM INSIDE-OUT
– the participants learn how the museum works, what its role is, get to know a selected exhibition, meet the chief cataloguer through a short video-interview and learn what his work is about,
– they find out what a collection is and learn the principles of collecting works of art,
– they learn concepts such as exhibit, work of art, cataloguer, record card,
– they organise works of art according to their own key; they prepare a record card of the selected work.
A WORK OF ART IN CLOSE-UP
– children learn about the conservation of works of art and substances used to maintain artistic works
– they learn how works of art are stored,
– they learn concepts such as conservation, reconstruction, copy,
– they practice conservation skills.
MUSEUM – PASS IT ON
– the children learn about the job of the museum press officer,
– they learn concepts such as advertising, promotion, media image,
– they create original graphic elements and texts to promote the Museum or the Museum Explorers series on Facebook.
Share: Facebook, Twitter